Founded in July 2013, College of Art, Taiyuan University of Technology is derived from the art discipline of the former College of Textile Engineering and Fine Arts. The College grew out of Shanxi Textile Industry School, which was established in 1958 under the name of Shanxi Textile School. In 1960, with the approval of the provincial government, Shanxi Light Industry School (including junior college) moved from Taiyuan to Yuci of Shanxi Province and amalgamated with Shanxi Textile School, which was known as Shanxi Light Industry School. In 1965, approved by the State Council, it was upgraded to Shanxi Light Industry and Normal University, which was renamed Shanxi Institute of Light Industry after a year. After prolonged suspension for the Great Cultural Revolution of China, it was reopened in 1972 and still called Shanxi Light Industry School. In 1979, it was renamed Shanxi Textile Industry School. Approved by the Shanxi Provincial People's Government, it started to enroll students from the textile specialty class of Taiyuan Institute of Technology in 1978, which offered cotton spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing and finishing, electrical automation, arts and crafts, and clothing as the majors. In June 2000, approved by Shanxi Provincial People's Government, it was renamed College of Textile Engineering and Fine Arts, Taiyuan University of Technology.
Address: No.209 Daxue Street, Yuci District, Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province TEL：0351-3176567 Zip Code：030600 Email：email@example.com